The Recycling Council of Ontario
Forgot Password

Custom Search
Upcoming Events

Events List

Jun 12 2018
Recycling Council of Ontario (RCO) offers annual Waste Auditor Training sessions, which are based...
Home » Search » Tip of the Iceberg: Textiles Diversion Strategies and EPR Symposium

Tip of the Iceberg: Textiles Diversion Strategies and EPR Symposium

http://www.visionquestenvironmental.com

Recent studies suggest Ontario generates more than 500,000 tonnes of residential textile waste annually. Although nearly all textiles can be recycled in some capacity, approximately 85 per cent of all textiles still end up in Ontario's landfills. The remaining 15 per cent of textiles collected represents only the tip of the iceberg.

You are invited to join, listen, and discuss the issue of textile waste diversion with government and industry stakeholders from across North America.

Presented by VisionQuest Environmental Strategies

Wednesday, May 4, 2016
8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
 
8 - 8:50 a.m.: Symposium Registration and Networking Breakfast 

8:50 - 9 a.m.: Opening Remarks: Mayor Frank Scarpitta, City of Markham

9 - 9:30 a.m.: Keynote Address: Robert Kenney, Recycling Development Officer, Nova Scotia Department of Environment

9:30 - 11 a.m.: Panel One: Defining the Problem of Textile Waste

Moderator: Kelly Drennan, Executive Director, Fashion Takes Action
Panel: Kate Black, Editor-in-Chief - Magnifeco; Sabine Weber, President, Sustainable Strategies & Solutions; Claudia Marsales, Sr. Manager, Environmental Programs, City of Markham

11 - 11:45 a.m.: Networking Break

11:45 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.: Panel Two: Innovative Solutions to Managing Textile Waste

Moderator: Jim Wren, Project Officer, Federation of Canadian Municipalities
Panel: Emily Scarlett, Manager - Communications & Press, H&M Canada; Jessica Schreiber, Senior Manager - Apartment Programs, New York City; Maureen Sedonaen, President / CEO - Goodwill Industries of San Francisco Inc.

1:15 - 1:45 p.m.: Closing Session 

Moderator: Deputy Mayor Jack Heath, City of Markham.
Panel: Dave Douglas, President, VisionQuest Environmental Strategies Corp.; 
Jo-Anne St. Godard, Executive Director, Recycling Council of Ontario

1:45 - 2 p.m.: Markham SMART Bin Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies & Luncheon
 
Tickets
Sponsorship Opportunities
 
A selection of sponsorship opportunities are available at a variety of levels (PDF). Please note that in sponsoring this event, RCO will receive a partial share of the sponsorship revenue on referral.
 
More Information
 

Location

8500 WARDEN AVENUE

Markham,
ON, CA



Categories: General Events, Member Events

Dates

Starts: 2016-05-04 08:00:00
Ends: 2016-05-04 14:00:00

Contact Information

VisionQuest Environmental Services Corp.
(416) 570-4379

 

 

                              

3Rs icon TBTL Icon WRW Icon